Faustus Guild Forum

Must...Get...Everyone...On...Forums... Also, cash in Guild Points at the stone outside of Dunbarton in Dugald Isle!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Email Spam-to the next level

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firesrage
Event Orgainizer

PostSubject: Email Spam-to the next level   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 am

I checked my E-mail today, a once in a life time thing. Failed E-mails, for WoW, are getting sent to me... I have about 15, if not more, codes for Celestial Steed that cost $25. The codes are all diffrent, so grezzlin, getting a free Steed, won't work... I think. you could try, they are failed E-mails... But I doubt it would work. I'm also getting messages that people Blizzard thinks are getting hacked, and so they are frozen accounts. Yes, a full page of E-mails, from 1 day... to me, it is Spam... a full page of spam... from Blizzard... well, to the best of my knowledge. The nightly Scan should stop whatever, if anything got in my computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grezzlin
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Email Spam-to the next level   Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Meh I get about 10 messages per day from "blizzard". They are all fake and are just common phising tactics. A scan should pick up a keylogger just in case you went to the sites, but just remember, if yo udo play WoW, that Blizz will NEVER ask for you to log in or "Do this or we will do that". They will DO it and then alert you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firesrage
Event Orgainizer

PostSubject: Re: Email Spam-to the next level   Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 pm

I never went to any sites, I took a quick look over the E-mail, so I didn't click any links. I'm not that dumb about "go here for free ____" I will probally be safe, for the most part...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Email Spam-to the next level   

Back to top Go down

Email Spam-to the next level
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faustus Guild Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: